I took photos again of my doings, so if you want to give smiles away - go ahead - the world needs them :)
This is the original:
I wanted to use a bigger handwriting font, since it was for a T-Shirt and should be readable from afar.
TAKE A SMILE T_SHIRT TUTORIAL
1. I chose yellow fabric (for the post-it look) and folded it in half. Size of the fabric depends on the size of the T-Shirt you are going to use.
2. To give it more sturdiness I used double sided iron on fusing to stick the two halves together. This will prevent fraying too.
3. Then I sketched the writing in pencil and started going over the outlines.
4. Then cut along your vertical lines and remove the 'empty' tags.
5. Finish all the raw edges with a small zigzag stitch or equivalent.
6. I then used an eraser to get rid of all my outlines - if that doesn't work, give it a quick wash.
Then place your application on your T-Shirt where you want it to be, pin it and sew.
I did not sew down all the individual tags, but since their reverse side wasn't pretty, I sew them down 3/4 so they still looked like they were loose, but no chance of them showing their ugly back.
And you're done. FERTIG!