March 13, 2012

A Royal Throne for a little Prince

I posted about my obsession with floor cushions before, and I have taken it to another dimension.
It all started with Susan's tutorial from Living with Punks. Easy to follow steps and I added my own little thing by making the piping myself (no big deal, but it mattered to me then :)

I have also posted about my love for the Union Jack before and my several projects will prove this true :)
So, I simply combined two obsessions and made them into one project:



A Royal Floor Cushion... and it's for my little boy, when we read his English books.


I simply added the white and red stripes of fabric to my top fabric with tight zigzag stitches.
I have also thought about a 'Swiss' floor cushion with the white cross. I love flags!



I have also added the handle with red piping for contrast. 
Its a brighter red than the top red fabric I used for the Union Jack.


Enjoy,

Pin It

Tweet Tweet

1 comment:

  1. I love Union Jack inspired projects too and this floor seat is just awesome! Maybe I should finally sit down and make those long overdue Union Jack cushions for my living room sofas.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking time to comment on my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...